Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Day at the Beach

This past weekend, mom and dad took me to see the ocean for the first time. Ok, technically, they took me to the Gulf of Mexico for a few hours and then went home -- it's pretty close. Mom was worried about getting the camera messed up so the only pictures they took were of the sky:

They were trying to get some cloud pictures for one of mom's 18 arts and crafts projects.
I got to swim in the ocean, which isn't too different that what I'm doing now -- though I think it was a lot more enjoyable for mom. Dad even got in the water and played with us a little bit -- mom didn't even scare him off when she said the little fishies were piranhas. Maybe that was nervous laughter, though. Hard to say.
Dad made mom a little chair back (wedge) out of sand since she can't lay flat any more. She was pretty comfy until the area around her coccyx went numb... Mom did let me get a little burned, probably because I stick out further than anything else. Not like this guy or anything, but maybe next time mom will get so artistic:

All in all, it was a really nice day -- even if it did start pouring later that evening. And the associated itchiness with over toasting me seems to have gone away. Which is good, because I like when she tickles my little bubble (her tummy), not rakes her nails across it...

No comments: