Friday, June 28, 2013

Meet Khaki

Week 2 at camp was pretty awesome. It was fantasy week, and though I opted not to wear a costume again on Friday, Miss Shayla totally rocked her fairy costume! Sadly, her pictures didn't make the slideshow :-(
Luke, Becky, and Nissa
Marcus and Madeline
Scoping out the scene
Swimming is being affected by those pesky afternoon deluges, but so it goes living in the Armpit of Hades. But we still have the sprinklers! Here we are enjoying a nice dip in the baby pool:
Me and Ada, who is getting a little sister in August
Hot tubbing!
 Mom said that I'm getting lots of compliments from the lifeguards and counselors about what a strong swimmer I am. Yay me. I've advanced to level 3 in my swimming, which means I get to work on rotary breathing, among other skills. I'm stoked to swim laps with Mom.
This week we also got to bring home some new friends -- complete with birth certificates! Meet Khaki. We think he's a rottweiler.



There were 2 options: here's some of my lady friends with their choices:
Adi, Sophia, and Madeline
Adi, Sophia, and Madeline
Good times! Mom's favorite part of the Shabbat service, which includes skits, singing, and a slideshow of the week, was the older kids doing a riff on Icona Pop's I Love It that included lines like "I put sunscreen on my skin. Because I don't want to burn. I got into my car and drove to the J-C-C..." complete with some awesome YMCA-esque arm movements. Mom and I had a great time boogying to it in our seat!
Here it is:

Here's the actual song:

No comments: