Sunday, April 10, 2011

A new chapter

So many firsts last week, it's hard to even keep up...

  1. Turned 17 months old!
  2. Peed in the potty -- multiple times on multiple days*
  3. Developed seasonal allergies that turned me into the affectionately coined Fountain of Snot
  4. Used my spoon to eat soup. Then promptly decided that soup is not something I'll be eating anymore (at least until next week).
  5. Went on the wagon (from Mom Juice) -- that whole breathing thing is really necessary
  6. Let Dad put me down for a nap
Mom is very sad about #4, though she puts on a good face for me. Rumor has it that she's been crying after I go to sleep. And at other random times. Maybe she has leaky tear ducts? I hope she understands that "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." Like Olivia says, "I love [her] anyway, too."

Plus, I can't actually read the WHO guidelines to nurse to "two years and beyond." Really, I feel pretty good about it and totally like cuddling with her while she sings to me. Plus now we can play the labeling game better -- I have her label all her face parts. Nose and tongue are my favorites right now. And clavicle (which isn't on her face, or we'd have serious problems).

Dad is very excited about #5. I pretended to mind for about 10 minutes after he put me into my crib.


* also peed on mom twice, the floor 3 times. Maybe the cat, too.
(just kidding about the cat)

1 comment:

Urbancowgrrl said...

Aaaah ... Emma June wants you to know that her mama cried too when she had to stop drinking the mom-juice when mom had to go on medication for RA. And despite only getting mom juice for 3 months she is very healthy and you will be too!